Online resources for scientific programming
Because of these corona-days, I have made and sent around a list of useful online resources to learn programming and data analysis using R and Python. I hope it is useful for others as well.
Data analysis with R
- What I’d recommend is to suscribe to DataCamp and enroll in the data analyst with r career track.
- The Modern Dive online book is also very complete and thorough.
- The other option, less extensive, is to self-study Carpentries-style courses:
Bioinformatics and Python programming
- A great book to get started.
- The Software Carpentry Lessons are not per se on bioinformatics but rather give a set of good practices and basic programming skills.
- Whenever you want to install something on your computer, the conda software manager is a great and easy solution for that.
- This lesson on RNA sequencing still in its infancy but already run once!
- The official Data Carpentry genomics lesson.
Written on March 19, 2020